Category Archives: Community
Meet me at the Fair
Our next big event will be the Northern Maine Fair on July 31, 2013, 8pm (7pm US time). See our map for directions.
Gospel CD now available
Click here to listen to sample tune: 6 I Saw The Light
Pick up our new CD at the Wednesday jam sessions or at our performances.
$15.00 (we will mail copies for an extra $5.00 shipping and handling — includes our trip to the post office and maybe we’ll get an ice cream at Carl’s too) Seriously, proceeds support WEF projects including sending our young folks to fiddle camp. Thank you.
Gospel music has always been a part of the Wednesday Evening Fiddlers repertoire, so to celebrate our 25th season we decided to record a Gospel album. We have included a number of Gospel standards that will be familiar to everyone.
During Feb 2013 the fiddlers spent two Saturdays at the St James United Church Hall in Perth-Andover recording the album. Included in the 30 participants were a number of our young fiddlers, and 6-year-old Emma McLaughlin led the group off on This Little Light of Mine. Since a number of our group are also great vocalists we included voices in some of the selections
A special Thank-You to Larry Adams and Paige Lavoie for doing Bass and Piano accompaniment, Mark White and Cathy Adams for contributing photos, Bill Duncan for photos & design, and all the fiddlers who helped with the project.
89 Back California Settlement Rd
NB Canada E3Z 1V1
Tel (506) 473-1053
1. Old Country Church – J. D. Sumner & J. W. Vaughn
2. Beyond the Sunset – Virgil Brock
3. Where Can I Go – J. B. Coats
4. Consider the Lillies – Joel Hemphill
5. Family Bible – Willie Nelson
6. I Saw the Light – Hank Williams
7. Farther Along – Rev W. B. Stevens
8. In the Garden – C. Austin Miles
9. It is no Secret – Stuart Hamblen
10. Just A Closer Walk – Traditional
11. How Great Thou Art – Carl Boberg
12. Mansion Over the Hilltop – Ira Stanphill
13. Suppertime – Ira Stanphill
14. This Little Light of Mine – Traditional
15. Lifes Railway to Heaven – Charlie D. Tillman
16. What A Friend – Charles C. Converse
/Touch of the Masters Hand – Myra Brooks Welch
17. I’ll Fly Away – Albert E. Brumley
18. Amazing Grace – John Newton
Photos of our recording session.
Jean submitted the song titles to Gracenote. They should appear in iTunes when you import the CD.
Concert, 1 June, 2013
Celtic Performance Tonight in Caribou
WEF will meet again at United Church starting 17 Oct, 2012!
We got word yesterday that the United Church Hall is ready, so we will be meeting there next Wednesday Oct 17. We will have the same schedule starting at 5PM for next week, after we get settled we can start looking at the one on one sessions again. If you need directions, let me know, or check out the map on our website. Continue reading
Playing at the Northern Maine Fair
You’re invited to come hear (and dance to) the Wednesday Evening Fiddlers. Wednesday (of course!), 1 Aug, 2012, for Fiddle Night at the Northern Maine Fair, Presque Isle, 7:00 PM (US time) See our map.